Detachment History


Wilkes was founded in 1933 as a satellite campus of Bucknell University, and became an independent institution in 1940. Between 1943 and 1944 more than 700 aviation cadets were educated at Wilkes as part of the Bucknell University Junior College U.S. Army Air Corps 6th College Training Detachment. The Air Force ROTC Detachment was established in 1973. Since then AFROTC Detachment 752 has trained and prepared hundreds of young men and women for future careers as USAF officers.